Pages

Wednesday, October 20

Monkey See, Monkey Do

God calls Christian parents to a higher purpose. As "imitators of God," our children learn how to be Christians by watching us and modeling our behavior. Our parenting should aim to provide a safe, loving, God-centered, developmentally-appropriate environment for our children where they can grow up to contribute to society and live the life God intended for them to live as a Christ-follower.

No pressure there.

I think I do okay imitating God in some aspects. And by God, I mean the Wrath of God. You should see my evil eye. When wielded correctly, it can stop disobedience faster than saying "Stop calling your sister Mrs. Poopy Head."

Imitating God's grace, on the other hand, needs some help. I recognize my shortcomings each time I speak to my girls from a place of anger instead a place of love.

Thank God He is more patient and more loving and full of more grace than I am. He is the type of parent I want to be. And even though I fall short, I know that He will forgive me...and one day my children will, too.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails