Pages

Wednesday, September 8

I Need to Christ Up

Yeah, I admit it. I sometimes fall short of God's expectations for my life and relationships.

As in way short.

As in every day.

Yes, even on Sundays and sometimes even during the service. Yikes! Thank goodness no one can hear my inner dialogue when someone comes in late looking for a seat while I'm trying to get my worship on.

Wait a minute, God can hear my thoughts. Holy Yikes!

Forget about needing to Man Up or ("Cowgirl Up" for you Texans), I need to Christ Up.

I'm in good company though.

Even Paul admits his struggles. He confesses in Romans 7:18-20: "I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I can not carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it."

Somehow I feel better knowing that a member of God's All Star Team falls short, too. So even in my bench-warmer status, God's grace is sufficient to cover my daily occurrences of needing to Christ Up.

Thank God. Literally. For I know, I will stumble again and again.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails